Accessibility of the service
The website largely meets the requirements of the accessibility criteria required by the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (available in Finnish and Swedish).The key shortcomings in the accessibility of the online service are described below.
- (WCAG 1.1.1) Certain images and charts included in attached documents have no text alternatives.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Errors in page heading hierarchy: The order of page heading levels in the HTML is partly incorrect. This may make it more difficult to browse the page using a screen reader.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Most attachments (PDF-files and office documents) have problems that hinder the use of screen readers, including missing structures and deficient tables.
The website contains content not covered by the legislation
- Office software files (e.g., docx, PDF) published before 23 September 2018
- Video recordings published before 23 September 2020
- Content generated by users on social media
We are committed to improving the accessibility of digital services
The service was assessed in spring 2020 by an external organisation specialised in accessibility. All critical deficiencies identified in the audits have been fixed. These include issues related to, for example, navigation, color contrasts and font sizes. Image text alternatives have also been defined. We are working to fix the remaining accessibility issues, that are mainly related to the document attachments.
Have you noticed any accessibility concerns?
You can send accessibility feedback by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use ‘Accessibility feedback’ as the message subject and describe in the message the page and problem in question. It may take up to 14 days to receive an answer.
FinnGen research group at the University of Helsinki is responsible for the accessibility of the www.finngen.fi website and for processing related feedback.
If you are not satisfied with the answer or do not receive an answer from us within two weeks, you may file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The agency website has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish only) on how to file a complaint and how the issue will be handled.
Contact information of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility supervision unit
www.saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi (in Finnish and Swedish only)
phone +358 29501 6000 (switchboard)