Open position: Data Security Analyst
FIMM is the leading genomics research and bioinformatics unit in Finland. We manage petabytes of human genomic and health data and collaborate internationally with researchers, research institutes, pharmaceutical companies, and healthcare providers to improve health and well-being on a global scale.
The FinnGen research project combines genome information with digital health care data from hundreds of thousands of individuals. It is one of the largest studies of its kind in the world. FinnGen aims to improve human health by using genetic research to identify new therapeutic targets and diagnostics for treating numerous diseases. The project brings together Finnish universities, hospitals and hospital districts, THL, biobanks and international pharmaceutical companies to work on this common goal.
A data security analyst in FinnGen protects sensitive human data stored in FinnGen’s secure computing environment (Sandbox) running in the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Designated researchers of the project can access this data for purposes of scientific research.
Main tasks for this postition include:
• evaluate and improve the security posture of the Sandbox by participating in architectural planning from the security perspective
• identify and manage new security threats
• maintain an information security risk register and security policies (e.g. for password reset)
• monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity and provide incident response
• monitor identity and access management, including abuse of permissions
• organize yearly Sandbox penetration testing
• check the security of new Sandbox applications
• support Findata and other security audits
• give advice and guidance to staff on data security together with FinnGen Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Depending on the candidate’s qualifications, the job may also include:
• cloud billing
• cloud administration including user management
• cloud cost attribution and optimization
• Sandbox application testing
FinnGen is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of a new wave of big data applications that will improve our healthcare and well-being. We are a dynamic, vibrant and highly motivated international team with a friendly, flexible, and supportive working culture.
We will consider applications from experienced Data Security Analysts. Previous cloud experience is highly valued. Read more about the qualifications and the application process from the job announcement and apply by 10 May, 2022.